I made these (vegan) stuffed dates in half an hour with whatever I had.
A friend of mine invited me to do some Easter egg painting.
So, I wanted to make something to have with tea while we are there.
One of the best things about being raw is, it’s hard to screw the food up to the point that it’s awful to eat it. That’s because you start with something that tastes good already. Say, aren’t dates & goji berries are delightful as they are?
On the other hand, unless you are dying from starvation, you wouldn’t want to eat wheat flour & sugar, right?
My point is, you can make your raw meals taste great (& look great) with minimal effort & experience.
♠ dates (with pits removed)
♠ shredded coconut
♠ goji berries
♠ some liquid raw sweetener (agave syrup / coconut nectar / honey)
♠ coconut oil
♠ dry lemon peel (or orange)
♠ sesame seeds
For the stuffing
1. Using knife cut the goji berries into small pieces (you will need patience).
2. Then grind the lemon peel in a coffee grinder into the powder.
3. In a bowl, mix shredded coconut, goji berries, a sweetener of your choice, 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil & powdered peel. That’s the stuffing. I’m not giving amounts as I don’t know what they were. As long as the stuffing is yummy and not too soaky you are fine!
4. Put the stuffing inside the dates.
5. Submerge each date into a liquid sweetener (I used maple syrup but it’s not raw).
6. Then generously sprinkle the dates with sesame seeds.
7. Put into freezer for 20 minutes & serve with hot tea.
Wishing you a Fun Easter with lots of sunbeams 😉