This raw, 3-minute, whole food protein shake is light and filling (soaking / sprouting time is not included).
Although the shake is quite low in fat and calories (>300) its high protein content will satisfy you for 2-4 hours.
In one cup of soaked or sprouted amaranth there is about 10 grams of protein! More protein than in quinoa!
Amaranth is one of my secrets to being full on raw veganism! And I’m talking about it in the eBook that I’ll release soon!
- 1 cup soaked or sprouted amaranth
- 6-7 organic medium strawberries
- 1 small lime
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or juice of a lemon)
- stevia (optional)
1. Wash amaranth grain, put it into a stainless or glass bowl, and add warm water (go 2 inches above the top of the seeds).
2. Add apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice), stir, and leave in warm place.
3. In 12 hours, rinse, and drain all excess water.
4. If you want sprouted amaranth, rinse, drain all excess water, and keep the seeds in warm place for another 12 hours.
1. Blend soaked or sprouted amaranth, lime, and strawberries until smooth (you should be able to blend without water). Because amaranth is such a small grain blending may take up to 5 minutes.
2. Put pieces of a few strawberries on top. Buy your strawberries ORGANIC! No exceptions. Regular ones absorbs nitrates like sponges!
3. Sweeten with stevia leaf if you want your shake more sugary.